Mandys Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLAN RULES

Go down

CLAN RULES Empty CLAN RULES

Post by neil-b Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:39 pm

The clan works on the basis that we are here for fun and to make participating in the clan fair for all. With this in mind not all rules are exhaustive. If something happens that is not in the spirit of what we stand for, you may find yourself unwelcome in our clan. 

The rules are as follows:

• 500 donates per monthly tournament season. Donates should broadly be in line with what people have requested. If u are new, it is advised that archers are always accepted. As previously we have had one week or two week seasons, co leaders will review two weekly in case any members are way below the levels and will take action as required.
  • Don't be specific with your troop requests. To be fair on all members, requesting 'high level troops' or troops that some members won't have isn't acceptable. Suitable ideas are 'defence troops' 'attacking troop' 'anything that stacks ground and air' 'heavy hitting ground troops'. This gives everyone a chance to donate to most requests.
  • Keep a reasonable ratio. There is no definitive answer to what your ratio has to stay at, however we want members that give and receive troops. So as a guideline. If your donates are below 100 and u have requested 4times as many troops as u have given, This isn't looking good. You will be warned about your ratio and if there is no improvement then we'll show u the door. 

we would also expect members to follow normal manners and behaviour acceptable in society. Therefore any abuse, excessive swearing or discriminative comments are not acceptable and will be dealt with by elders as they see fit. 

Other rules/guidance

• New members of any town hall or trophy level are accepted. Elders will look at each request to join and decide based on what they see. It isn't advised to question their judgement. 
  • Clan hopping. we are quite relaxed about this to a point. It is preferred that an elder agrees before u leave and that on your return you make a conserted effort to reach the donate limit. You should also be aware that hopping prior to two weekly kicks if your donates are low is not a good tactic of being saved. We also cannot guarantee a space for u in the clan. If you hop, we can't leave a space for u, so u may find we fill up and u are unable to rejoin. 
  • New elders. Will be selected from time to time via a vote by elders. There is no set rule on what makes and elder. However as a guide, long service and harmony with the clan and the rules is a safe bet to being considered in time. 

Last edited by neil-b on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change in seasons length therefore change in donate numbers)

neil-b

Back to top Go down

CLAN RULES Empty Re: CLAN RULES

Post by neil-b Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:04 pm

All. I have listened to the votes. But I have also considered that there are still not many votes cast. So, it comes the time that as leader. I stand up and make a decision that I believe to be the best for the clan. 

My belief is that we should NOT allow specific troop requests at any time. Even during war. 

Allowing specific requests has always been something the clan is against and I see there to be no difference during war. 
The reasons for my decision are thus:
1: specific troop requests allow people to become unhappy with what they get. And allowing specific requests means we are opening up to the possibility that members will not be grateful for those archers when they wanted wizards, or minions when they wanted balloons. I will not have people being ungrateful. 
2: it is too easy to abuse. People asking for wizards and then not actually using them in war raid etc etc. 
3: if we allow it for war. It sets a precedent that it's acceptable in other situations. It is not acceptable. 
4: finally and more importantly.  What about the th6 and 7s who don't have pekka or witch for example. We are not making it fair for all to donate. 

Having said this. I have listened and as has always been the case. 

1: I am more than happy for people to see if people on chat have what you want. I.e. Sibro 'anyone got a dragon i can have' Neil. 'Yeh bud'. Sibro requests. 'Neil, please donate'. 
2: as we accept. Defense/attack/ things that attack ground and air/ ground troops etc etc. I am happy for any variation of this as long as it is not specific. Examples
'Anything to help with my gowipe attack'
'Anything to help with my hog attack'
'War troops (dragon raid)'
'War troops (balloonion raid)'
These are examples and not exhaustive. But are not specific. 

I have tried to be democratic about this. But, I feel that when it comes to specific troop requests I am going stand my ground on this. 

If you are not in agreement. I am willing to discuss either on forum or via private message. 

neil-b

Back to top Go down